Museum Gift Shop
Punxsutawney Area Museum
401 W. Mahoning St.
Punxsutawney, PA 15767
- Yesteryears: Take a trip around Punxsutawney in 1938. It is an old B&W movie of the people and businesses of Punxsutawney. The film shows many businesses and their owners and employees. The movie shows students emerging from several schools in the area. It is easy to pick out friends and relations in this movie. The original film was silent, but some narration, subtitles and music has been added. $25
- The Spirit of Punxsutawney / Groundhog Day: a production video done in 1992 by West Production Services. It is a very enjoyable look at Punxsutawney now and in the past. If you want a video about Groundhog Day, you want this one! This video has been aired on the Discovery Channel. $21.15 with tax
- Punxsutawney Spirit Industrial Issue - May, 1900: " A pictorial and descriptive synopsis of the thriving borough of Punxsuawney; a review of it's industries and social advantages" was printed originally in 1900 to promote Punxsutawney. It is full of pictures of businesses, homes, churches and people. $8.50
- People Who Love Groundhogs / Stories of Punxsutawney and it's People by Elaine Light. This is a collection of stories about various characters in the history of Punxsutawney. Interesting reading!
- Cooking with the Groundhog by Elaine Light. A wonderful collection of recipes mixed with history and stories of Punxsutawney and Groundhog day. Every good cook in Punxsutawney has one!
- Memories of the One-Room School: by Frank Basile 1990 Spirit Publishing Co.. The story of the one room school and the restoration of the Snyder Hill School in Punxsutawney. $5
- 105th Regiment: 1861 to 1865 history of the 105th regiment during the Civil War. Published in 1877 by Kate M. Scott and updated in 1993. Hard bound book. $30
- SOLD OUT ----Train Wrecks and Disasters: by William Fries. Includes the Rochester and State Railroad, the Rochester and Pittsburgh Railroad, the Buffalo Rochester and Pittsburgh Railroad, and the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. This book has pictures and accounts of train wrecks in the Western New York and Western Pennsylvania area. $20
- Indians of the Punxsutawney Area: by Frank Basile and the Punxsutawney Historical and Genealogical Society. There was a thriving town here way before Europeans showed up! This book tells the story.
If you are looking for Punxsutawney souvenirs, we have sweatshirts, toys, postcards, and many other items to look at in the museum gift shop. If you are looking to order something via mail-order a good place to look is on the WEB site maintained by the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club There's more stuff there than you can imagine!!
- Groundhog Cookie Cutters: small ($1) is about 3 inches high; large ($2) is about 4 inches.
- Mugs: clear glass mug with a scene from Gobbler's Knob on Groundhog day in green ink. $3
- 1983 sold out (Bennis house)
- 1984: Jenks House
- 1985: sold out (Railroad station)
- 1986: Barclay Square
- 1987: Jefferson School
- 1988: Post Ofiice
- 1989: sold out (Adrian hospital)
- 1990: Country Club
- 1991: sold out (Coke ovens)
- 1992: sold out (Riker's)
- 1993: Railroad YMCA
- 1994: Brown's Pool
- 1995: Snyder Hill School
- 1996: Weber Building